The NW Connector
The Coast to Valley Express is an important segment of the Northwest Connector Network. The NW Connector is a coordinated regional transit system that includes five individual transit agencies in NW Oregon:
- Benton Area Transit
- Columbia County Rider
- Lincoln County Transit
- Sunset Empire Transportation District
- Tillamook County Transportation District
The transit system provides seamless travel between the Willamette Valley and Oregon Coast from Astoria to Yachats. The NW Connector makes transit an easy to use alternative for auto travelers, including bicyclists going to the coast to cycle. The NW Connector’s network of stops allows riders to plan multiple stops and trip destinations. Riders can buy NW Connector Visitor Passes at discounted fares for three- and seven-day trips. For more information regarding passes, visit nworegontransit.org/passes.
The NW Connector is managed by the Northwest Oregon Transit Alliance, a partnership of the five districts, which meets quarterly to coordinate routes, schedules, operations and system updates. The partnership aims to:
- Improve transit connections between northwestern Oregon communities
- Brand and market the NW Connector transit service in all five counties
- Build community partnerships to increase transit ridership while promoting regional business and economic development opportunities
- Implement sustainable funding strategies for continued transit system development
Meetings are open to the public, with meeting reports posted on the NW Connector website (nworegontransit.org).
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here to return to the Benton Area Transit home page.