Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
53rd Street RR Overpass
53rd Street RR Overpass
This project was first conceived back in 1988. While waiting for planning for the corridor and funding alternatives, the project started and stopped numerous times over the years. The project improves a safety concern and flooding problem at the railroad crossing of 53rd Street.
The County was awarded MPO funds to provide final design of the overpass and obtain needed right-of-way.
Estimated Construction Cost : $7 million
For more information about the project, those interested can contact County Engineer Laurel Byer at 541-766-6821 or by email at email@example.com.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) :
1. Why do you have to go over the railroad instead of under the railroad or at grade? ODOT Rail, who reviews all highway improvements that impact railroads, states in their guidelines that At Grade crossings are extremely discouraged. While there is a process to request an At Grade crossing, the situation has to be very unique. We do not have anything that truly prevents us from going over or under the railroad so we will not get that approval for an At Grade crossing. In preliminary cost estimates, we found that going over rather than under was a more efficient process for construction and had less impacts to the public.
2. Why has this project taken so long? The concept was considered long ago. Funding is the biggest obstacle. The County was awarded funds through the MPO to purchase right of way which gave this project some traction. We have already applied for grants for construction, but this project does not compete well with other larger projects which compete for funding.
3. What are MPO funds? This project exists within the Corvallis Area Metropolitan Planning Organization. This is a federally created region of population 50,000 or more that gets specific funding for urbanization.
Last Updated : January 7, 2020
UPDATE 01-07-2020 The 53rd Railroad Overpass project is on hold due to a lack of construction funding. The County will apply for grant opportunities when they become available.
01-23-18 Please see files below for responses to questions, comments, and concerns that were compiled at the Neighborhood meeting.
11-14-17 Held a neighborhood meeting at the Fairgrounds
9-8-17 - Seeking funding package for construction
7-15-17 - Obtained final right-of-way needed for project
9-6-16 - Did not receive FAST Act funding.
Anticipated Schedule :
December 2019 and beyond : Looking for funding opportunities for construction.