Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Starr Creek Road Extension
Phase 1 of this project was completed in 2018. Phase 2 is currently under construction and is anticipated to be complete in 2020. This project will re-establish a mile long section of roadway between Starr Creek Road and Hells Canyon Road. The roadway will provide secondary emergency access and egress for 25 homes on Starr Creek Road and 28 homes on the Hells Canyon Road network that currently only have one way in and out. This roadway is currently gated on both ends and this project proposes to retain gates near these locations.
The County owns Right Of Way (ROW) through land owned by five (5) private property owners and the Bureau of Land Management. The County is working with these landowners and BLM to realign this ROW to the existing roadway and to better fit the topography and limit impacts to riparian areas.
Anticipated Cost : $800,000
Funding : Motor Fuel Tax, Title II BLM Funds
For more information about the project, those interested can contact Civil Engineer Owen Millehrer at 541-766-6821 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update 10/2/20 - Construction of Phase 2 is completed - we just wait for vegetation to establish itself on the slopes prior to the fall rains coming.
Construction on Phase 2 of the project began in June 2020. The contractor is currently building fill up to subgrade, installing culverts, and repairing some Phase 1 work.
Initial work will be brushing and clearing of the proposed roadway and beginning earth moving operations. Earth work will be contained to roadways and adjacent properties and should not result in hauling out on Starr Creek or Hells Canyon Roads. Rock and potentially fill material will be hauled into the site to build up the road cross-section.