The Civil Division prepares legal court documents for service, responds to legal civil processes, and enforces court orders in accordance with Oregon Revised Statutes and Oregon Rules of Civil Procedure.
Requirements for Civil Process
In order for the Sheriff's Office to process and serve papers, we need the following:
- Letter of instructions. A letter of instruction that includes the name, address, and any other information to help assist with serving the court documents.
- Service Fee. A check, money order, or cashier’s check payable to Benton County Sheriff's Office. Refer to the civil fees on this website for the correct fee amount.
- Certified True Copies of the Documents. We only serve legal court documents.
- Mail Documents and Service Fee to: Benton County Sheriff’s Office, Attn: Civil, 180 NW 5th St, Corvallis, OR 97330
Checks, money orders, or cashier’s checks must be payable to the Benton County Sheriff's Office. A list of fees is located below and under "supporting documents".
BENTON COUNTY SHERIFF CIVIL FEES (ORS 21.300)
(Effective July 1, 2021)
NOTICE PROCESS: summons, complaints, petitions, divorce documents, small claims, notice of restitution, subpoenas, etc.
1 or 2 parties (same address) $50
* 3 parties (same address) $84
* 4 parties (same address) $112
* more than 2 people to be served is $28 per person at the same address
EVICTION ENFORCEMENT: Writ of Execution. Note: All Others, et al, All Occupants, etc. counts as a party/tenant
1 or 2 tenants/occupants, same address ($50 +$89) $139
3 tenants/occupants, same address ($84 +$89) $173
4 tenants/occupants, same address ($112 +$89) $201
WRIT OF EXECUTION, ORDER OF ASSISTANCE and OTHER ORDERS: Fee may also include standby time,
postage, advertising costs, and other sheriff fees. $89
GARNISHMENTS: Delivery of Writ Garnishment $25
SHERIFF DEED: $56
Need More Information?
Contact our Civil Deputy at 541-766-6814. Please remember we cannot give legal advice.