Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Limited Duty Jail Deputy Recruitment
WE'RE HIRING! The Benton County Sheriff's Office is recruiting for Limited Duty Jail Deputies. A Limited Duty Jail Deputy is a part-time, intermittent employee working at the County Jail. Limited Duty Jail Deputies are brought in as a third or fourth person on the shift and to cover when Corrections Deputies are on vacation, sick, or in training. It’s a great opportunity to explore a career in public safety.
TO APPLY: Benton County Career Page
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
What kinds of things does a Limited Duty Jail Deputy do?
Once training is completed, a Limited Duty Jail Deputy is responsible for many of the same types of duties as a full-time Corrections Deputy.
As a Limited Duty Jail Deputy, you would be responsible for the security of the County Jail and the safety of inmates, staff, and the general public. This involves, among other things, monitoring, inspecting, searching, communicating with, and providing direct services to the inmate population.
You might also be involved in Control Room operations, assisting with the booking and release of inmates, or medication distribution.
What schedule would I work?
As a Limited Duty Jail Deputy you may work any shift during the week and on weekends. We try to work around your schedule. Every month, Limited Duty Jail Deputies can sign up for available shifts the following month. Additionally, if coverage is needed during the month, Limited Duty Jail Deputies are contacted to see if they are available.
Once fully trained, Limited Duty Jail Deputies are required to work a minimum of 20 hours per month but are limited to working a total of 1,039 hours in a fiscal year.
How much does it pay?
Current rate of pay for Limited Duty Jail Deputies is $19.61 per hour. This is a non-benefited position, however, Benton County complies with Oregon law in providing sick leave to on-call employees.
Am I qualified?
In order to apply to be a Limited Duty Jail Deputy you must…
- Be 18-years-old or older
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Have, at a minimum, a High School Diploma or GED
- Have a valid Oregon Driver’s License
- Have the ability to work any shift
- Successfully pass a background & medical before being hired
We are looking for individuals of character who embrace the Sheriff’s Office values of Duty, Honor, and Courage. No experience is required – we will train you!
What’s involved in the selection process?
Once your application is received and reviewed you’ll be contacted about the rest of the selection process. You must pass the following steps:
- Initial Criminal History and DMV Screening
- Written Exam (NCJOSI Test)
- Physical Abilities Test (ORPAT)
- Personal History Questionnaire
- Oral Board (interview)
- Background Investigation
- Medical Examination
I’m interested…how do I apply?
The first step to your new career is to complete and submit a Benton County Application. The application form and more information about this opening is available through Benton County Human Resources. They maintain the online Benton County Career Page.
To apply for this position, go to the Benton County Career Page, scroll down until you come to “Limited Duty Deputy.” Clicking on this will take you to the position description where you can learn more about the job. To apply, click on the “APPLY” box in the upper right-hand corner of your screen and follow the prompts.
Please feel free to contact us at 541-766-6858 if you have additional questions about this position opening. Ask for the Training & Recruiting Sergeant.