Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Marine Deputies are on our local waterways from May through September each year helping to keep you safe. They receive special training in boat operation, boating laws, detecting boaters under the influence of intoxicants, and swift water rescue and recovery.
Marine Deputies have a number of responsibilities, including...
- Checking to make sure boaters have approved safety flotation devices (life jackets) and safety signaling devices.
- Ensuring boats are properly equipped with required safety equipment.
- Providing search and rescue on the water.
- When necessary, issuing citations or making arrests for criminal activity.
Marine Deputies are not responsible for fish and game violations which are the jurisdiction of the Oregon State Police.
Areas of Operation
Our Marine Deputies patrol the Willamette River from Buena Vista south to Harrisburg. The Santiam River is covered from the Willamette River to the town of Jefferson. The Mary's, Long Tom, and the Alsea Rivers also fall under our marine jurisdiction. The marine patrol season is generally May 1st through October 1st each year, but varies slightly from year to year. If needed for specific situations, the marine patrol may be activated during the winter months as well.
Oregon State Marine Board
The Oregon State Marine Board (OSMB) is the governing body for all public waterways and is responsible for licensing all boats and personal watercraft in the state. They are also the primary funder for our marine patrol program. OSMB provides the boats, marine patrol equipment, and approximately 80% of the operating costs that allow us to provide law enforcement services on our public waterways.
The goal of our marine patrol program is to ensure all boaters have a safe and enjoyable experience on the water.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow