Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
If you've never had a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) in Benton County before, follow these steps to apply for your original CHL.
STEP ONE: Complete and Gather Documentation
Application for License to Carry Concealed Handgun
Complete the "Application for License to Carry Concealed Handgun". This two-page form is part of the CHL Application Packet.
Get the "CHL Required References" form signed by two character references. This form is part of the CHL Application Packet.
Proof of Competence
You must be able to demonstrate competence with a handgun as provided by law. For details on what documentation qualifies for this requirement, read more...
Proof of Residency
You must show that you live within the boundaries of Benton County. Examples of documents accepted as proof of residency include a driver's license displaying a current Benton County address or proof that you own or lease property within Benton County. For a complete listing of documents acceptable to prove residence, refer to Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 166.291.
Proof of Citizenship
You will need to provide proof of citizenship. This can be your birth certificate, passport, or appropriate INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) form.
Uncommon Situation - Additional Proof of Identification
If the documents you bring in to show proof of residency and proof of citizenship do not include your photo, you must also bring in an additional proof of identification that includes your photo.
STEP TWO: Schedule an Appointment
Call (541) 766-6606 to schedule your CHL appointment. YOU MUST HAVE A SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT to submit your application materials.
STEP THREE: Arrive for Your Appointment as Scheduled with Documents and Fees
Come to the Second Floor of the Law Enforcement Building, 180 NW 5th Street, Corvallis, for your appointment.
The fee for an Original CHL is $115.00. You may pay your fee with a check, money order, debit/credit, or cash. Make checks or money orders out to: “Benton County Sheriff’s Office.” If paying in cash, exact change is required.
Your fingerprints will be taken at the time of your appointment. Fingerprints are taken using a digital scanner that does not require ink. Fingerprints are required when you apply for your original CHL.
A photo of you will also be taken at your appointment.
When will I receive my concealed handgun license?
Once all your documentation has been processed, your Concealed Handgun License will be mailed to you. If you do not qualify for a Concealed Handgun License you will receive a letter explaining why your application is denied. Expect to hear from us within 45 days.
Need More Information?
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call (541) 766-6606.