Sheriff's Office - Support Services
Undersheriff Greg Ridler
Sheriff's Office support services staff provide a variety of services to Benton County citizens. These include things such as processing of Concealed Handgun Licenses (CHLs), liquor license verification, and alarm ordinance administration.
But they also provide critical assistance to Division Commanders in the areas of financial administration, personnel management, recruiting and training, policy and procedure development, and community outreach and education.
Some of their duties include...
- Tracking revenue and expenses
- Managing multiple contracts and grants
- Researching cost-effective supply and equipment options
- Procuring supplies and equipment
- Coordinating compliance with OSHA safety regulations
- Processing time sheets
- Managing recruitment
- Scheduling, monitoring, and tracking training
- Coordinating updates to policies
- Documenting procedures
- Compiling proofs required for accreditation
- Supervising volunteers
- Coordinating special events
- Supporting community outreach and education
Support Services staff are key in each of these activities and more. They are excellent multi-taskers, providing command staff with the data and analysis required to make sound decisions.