Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Shop With A Cop
"Spending time with a cop." - Savannah
"Getting toys!" - Aiden
"Candy!" - Kayla
These are just some of the things the kids who lined up for this year's "Shop with a Cop" were excited about. Every December Benton County Sheriff's Office members partner with other law enforcement agencies to make the holidays a little brighter for children in our community who would otherwise go without. Deputies take the children shopping for toys, clothing, and gifts. The kids arrive early on the designated "Shop with a Cop" day to walk the store aisles with Deputies from Patrol, Corrections, and Parole & Probation, City Police Officers, and State Troopers.
Children Identified by Case Workers
Case workers with the Self Sufficiency Office and the Child Welfare Office of the Department of Human Services identify the children to participate in the event. Some of the children are initially frightened of law enforcement. For some, the only contact they have had with law enforcement is when a parent or other family member is arrested. "Shop With A Cop" gives the children an opportunity to see law enforcement officers in a different light. Usually by the time they are done shopping, the children are no longer scared of people in uniform.
Donations allow us to give Deputies or Officers a gift card to use for each child. Frequently the Deputies and Officers dig into their own pocket to pay for items that go above the card limit.
Not only do these children go home with a warm coat or a special toy, but also with the memory of a new friend in law enforcement.
This program is supported entirely by donations. In 2019 donations were received from Walmart, K-Mart, the Corvallis Police Officer Association, the Benton County Deputy Sheriff's Association, the Benton County Sheriff's Office Reserves, and from many individuals. A big thank you to all who donated!
Contributions are collected year-round. If you are interested in donating, please make out a check to "The Sheriff's Foundation - Shop With A Cop" and send it to:
Benton County Sheriff's Office
ATTN: Shop With A Cop
180 NW 5th Street
Corvallis, OR 97330
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow