Special Transportation Advisory Committee Home
County Awarded Special Transportation Grants
NEWS RELEASE - SPECIAL TRANSPORTATION GRANTS
See News Release in supporting documents.
Special Transportation Advisory Committee (STAC) advises and makes recommendations to the Benton County Commissioners regarding transportation services that provide access to the community for the senior and disabled citizens of Benton County, and regarding the biennial allocation of ODOT and Federal Transit Administration grant funds.
The role of the STAC, as described in its by-laws, is to assist the Benton County Board of Commissioners to advocate for the transportation needs of seniors and persons with disabilities; and to develop recommendations for the proposed distribution of Special Transportation Fund federal and state grant monies by the County.
The Committee consists of nine (9) members, appointed by the Board of Commissioners, as follows:
- All members shall reside in Benton County or shall represent an organization which provides substantial transportation services within the County;
- No member shall be an employee of Benton County;
- Three members shall be Providers or Provider Representatives, engaged in providing transportation services;
- Six members shall be either users, user representatives, or members at large. Consideration should be given to including at least one disabled user and at least one elderly user.
The following is a list of the current STAC membership and the interests represented, including any vacant positions:
- Transportation provider representative (Dial-a-Bus) Steve Harder
- Transportation user or representative of users (Hewlett Packard) Axel Deininger
- Transportation user or representative of users Dave Zaback
- Transportation provider representative (99 Express) Drew Foster
- Transportation user or representative of users Steven Black
- Transportation provider representative (Corvallis Transit) Tim Bates
- Transportation user or representative of users VACANT
- Transportation user or representative of users Mary Marsh-King, Chair
- Transportation user or representative of users (Grace Center) Tera Stegner
To apply to serve as a member of the STAC, please contact the Benton County Board of Commissioners office and request an application, or click the application form below in Supporting Documents.
Benton County Board of Commissioners
205 NW 5th St.
Corvallis, OR 97330
The STAC invites you to attend their meetings, which are open to the public and occur the fourth Tuesday of every month from 1:30-3:00 p.m. at the Benton County Sunset Building, 4077 SW Research Way, Corvallis, Oregon, in the Sunset Meeting Room.
Department: Public Works Department (Web page)
Note: This is a state-mandated board